NSU supports backup of Microsoft Exchange servers using it’s integrated Exchange Server Plugin. NSU provides complete MS Exchange Server Backup with backing up of entire Storage Groups as well as individual databases providing greater storage management flexibility.
- Backup of Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010
- Recover Exchange server to a point-in-time or the entire Exchange
- Ideally suited for Small and Medium Business Exchange environments
- Support for Synthetic Full Backups in Exchange environment
- Backup Exchange Server Storage Groups in cluster environment
In the above diagram, NSU uses the Exchange Server Plugin ESE (Extensible Storage Engine) API to backup an entire set of storage groups, as well as individual databases within the storage groups in Exchange Server 2000, 2003 and 2007. The modified data is automatically scheduled as incrementals thus saving time and provides faster backups.
NSU’s Exchange Server backup capabilities uses the VSS [Volume Shadow Copy Services] plugin to backup Exchange Server databases in Exchange Server 2010. Exchange 2010 backup using NSU provides high availability of exchange databases using VSS based online exchange backups without affecting active databases in case of failovers.